Greenwood Rising, a history center honoring the Greenwood District before and after the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre, broke ground Friday, Aug. 21, at the southeast corner of Archer and Greenwood Ave.
Kevin Matthews, Oklahoma State Senator for District 11 and founder of the Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission, emceed the event and had the honor of announcing three new large donors for Greenwood Rising including $500,000 from The AEP Foundation and Public Service Company of Oklahoma, $250,000 from the Oklahoma City Thunder, and QuikTrip Corporation doubling their donation with an additional $1 million contribution.
- Some Good Tulsa News 918 Day edition
- Celebrate Tulsa
- Gold Star families honor loved ones with singing of national anthem
- Rewriting your story – Premadonna Braddick
- Q&A: Jennie Lloyd, manager of Duet
- Tulsa music listings Sept. 14-20
- Oklahoma best sellers: Sept. 13
- Book review: Sway by Matthew John Bocchi