The 26th annual Tulsa Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure took place Sept. 24 and began at the River Spirit Casino Hotel Resort. The event raised close to $180,000 in critical funding that will providedirect patient services to address the economic, medical, social and emotional impacts of a breast cancer diagnosis.
Additional morning events included 150 survivors marching in the Survivor Parade of Hope, a “We Remember” tent honoring those lost, vendors providing educational and resource information for survivors and Hope Village — a place for survivors and those living with metastatic breast cancer to gather. The event was emceed by KOTV’s LeAnne Taylor, and the executive leadership co-chairs for the race were Teri Aulph and Morgan Gallant, both of whom are committed to raising awareness, fundraising for research and building a collective of passionate supporters to take action in Tulsa.
- Oklahoma best sellers: Dec. 4
- Harness up: PostOak Canopy Tour's Christmas event is back with added Adventure Park
- Legends: Yolanda Charney
- Countdown to Christmas: Activities, events, gifts to buy and more
- Daily grind: For a city the size of Tulsa, the coffee culture is strong
- Red carpet, Green Country: When actress Donna Reed lived in Tulsa
- Creating a collection: Inside OKPOP archives as staff inventories a growing collection of artifacts
- Paint the town: Clean Hands celebrates 10 years of making murals