Tulsa Time Warp Page Warehouse

The former Page Warehouse at East 13th Street and South Elgin Avenue.

During the early days of statehood, Roy W. Page saw families and businessmen arriving in Tulsa on train to try and strike it rich in the oil fields of northeastern Oklahoma.

Page helped move and store individuals’ belongings once they moved to Tulsa. His first warehouses were located right off the railroad tracks at Cincinnati Avenue. After utilizing a number of warehouses, by the late 1920s plans for a permanent storage facility were underway. 

Page hired architect Bruce Goff, known for his art deco buildings, to design his storage warehouse at 1301 S. Elgin St. The concrete-framed, fireproof building had two vaults: one for jewelry, and another for rugs and larger items, such as pianos. It also was said to be the largest place for fur storage in the Southwest.  

The Page Warehouse was designed in 1927, within a year of Goff’s Tulsa Club and the Guaranty Laundry facility. The latter, at 2036 E. 11th St., became the home of Page Storage in the late 1970s.

The warehouse, as well as many residential homes in the area near Tracy Park, was demolished in 1977 to make way for the construction of a highway system accessing downtown.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.