April is Family Fun Month at Mother Road Market
Tulsa food hall installs a Leche Lounge and collaborates with SeekingSitters for a slate of programming that benefits children and parents.
Mother Road Market, a nonprofit development of the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, announced its first-ever Family Fun Month, taking place from April 1-30. Throughout the month of April, Mother Road Market will be celebrating families with a slate of educational and fun programming geared towards both children and parents.
As a new benefit to breastfeeding and pumping mothers, Mother Road Market has installed a Leche Lounge, a portable lactation unit that is equipped with convenient features including a USB charger, fan, food-grade seating and a mirror to readjust clothing. While mothers are welcome to breastfeed anywhere on the Mother Road Market property, the Leche Lounge is an upgraded, private space offered as an additional option for breastfeeding or pumping mothers.
"We created Leche Lounge to empower families in our community spaces and moms in the workplace. Mother Road Market has both and is the go-to place for Tulsans to enjoy time together," said founder Stephanie Conduff. "We are thankful to give back to the community through providing this dedicated space for families to enjoy their time in our favorite food heaven."
Mother Road Market is collaborating during the month of April with SeekingSitters, a nationwide on-demand babysitting referral service. A full schedule of offered events for parents and children is below. Licensed private investigator screened professional babysitters will be on-site to lead activities. Sitters will also be available to engage with children in the Mother Road Market kids' play area during parent-focused workshops. For craft activities scheduled, the kits for each craft will be available for purchase in the Kitchen 66 General Store, and crafts can be assembled in the kids' play area. Parental supervision is required.
SeekingSitters events for children:
- 4/2, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Spring Bouquets ($5), ages 2+
- 4/6, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Spring Bouquets ($5), ages 2+
- 4/6, 10:30AM-11AM - Story Time Saturday: Warm Weather, by Jean Taft.
- 4/9, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Paper Plate Animals ($5), ages 2+
- 4/13, 10:30-11AM - Story Time Saturday: What Pet Should I Get, by Dr. Suess.
- 4/13, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Paper Plate Animals ($5), ages 2+
- 4/16, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Letter Creations ($5), ages 2+
- 4/20, 10:30AM-11AM - Story Time Saturday: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst.
- 4/20, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Letter Creations ($5), ages 2+
- 4/23, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Weaving Sun Art ($5), ages 2+
- 4/27, 10:30AM-11AM - Story Time Saturday: A Good Day for a Hat, by T. Nat Fuller.
- 4/27, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Weaving Sun Art ($5), ages 2+
- 4/30, 11AM-2PM - Craft Activity: Airplanes ($5), ages 2+
SeekingSitters events for parents
(all workshops are free, but please RSVP at www.motherroadmarket.com):
- 4/4, 11AM-12PM - Parent Workshop: Steps to Finding a Safe Babysitter. Workshop Speaker: Adrienne Kallweit, Founder and CEO of SeekingSitters.
- 4/9, 11AM-12PM - Parent Workshop: Family Frugalness. Workshop Speaker: Scott Rumley, E3 Bookkeeping.
- 4/18, 11AM-12PM - Parent Workshop: Practical Tips to Keeping your Life Clean in the Chaos. Workshop Speaker: Amy Bates, Owner of Merry Maids Tulsa Metro.
- 4/25, 11AM-12PM - Parent Workshop: Creating the Family Urban Garden: Planting to Composting and In-Between. Workshop Speaker: Daniel Cameron, Expert Gardner.
“We are so excited about this perfect partnership that will allow families the ability to enjoy workshops, their lunch or a friend connection while knowing their kids are safe and having fun with the sitter nearby," said Founder and CEO Adrienne Kallweit.
For more detailed information on events in April, please visit www.motherroadmarket.com/events, or visit us on Facebook/Instagram @motherroadmarket.
ABOUT LECHE LOUNGE:
Leche Lounge, founded in Tulsa, is a Native- and Woman-owned company that provides workplace and community spaces for infant feeding. Leche Lounge helps businesses retain employees and improve productivity through providing moms a private place to pump breastmilk in the workplace — or at airports, convention centers or football games. Breastfeeding accommodation lawsuits are up 800% this decade and Leche Lounge saves companies money through reducing Department of Labor fines, preempting litigation and saving companies from viral public relation issues. Leche Lounge has been featured by Good Morning America, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Cheddar, Inc., TulsaPeople, Native Business and BuzzFeed.
ABOUT SEEKING SITTERS:
Founded in 2004 in Tulsa, Okla., SeekingSitters is a nationally recognized babysitting service providing reliable, convenient and safe babysitting solutions for families. Founded by Adrienne Kallweit, a Licensed Private Investigator, SeekingSitters has an in-house investigation agency that provides hands-on background screening of the professional sitters as well as member families. SeekingSitters was named to Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500 for 2011, 2012 and 2015. The company was named to Inc. Magazine’s list of 500 fastest-growing private companies several times. The company was also named one of the “25 Best Women-Owned Businesses” by Working Mother Magazine. SeekingSitters has been featured on Fox & Friends, CNN and CNN Headline News, CBS Early Show, in Entrepreneur Magazine and on CNBC. For more information, please visit SeekingSitters.com.
ABOUT MOTHER ROAD MARKET:
Mother Road Market, a nonprofit development of the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, is housed on historic Route 66 in the 1939 Scrivner-Stevens Grocery building. Mother Road Market is a vibrant community space, allowing Tulsans and tourists alike to eat, sip, shop and enjoy over 20 different business concepts, all under one roof. Customers are also able to browse specialty gift items in our retail store options and even purchase fresh ingredients like local produce, meat and dairy to take home and cook their own creations. The WEL Bar offers a full bar, plus coffee offerings throughout the day. Kitchen 66, Tulsa’s kickstart kitchen and program of Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, is housed at Mother Road Market and also operates the Kitchen 66 Takeover Cafe and Kitchen 66 General Store. Mother Road Market features a demonstration kitchen for cooking classes, indoor and outdoor seating areas with views of downtown Tulsa, nine holes of Mother Road Mini Golf, rentable event spaces and children’s play areas. Entrepreneurs have the opportunity to use the 320 square foot small shop model to pilot test their latest concepts without the burdensome financial investment of opening a full-scale restaurant or retail space. Learn more by clicking here.